AA/Thrifty Sign & Awning was established in 1946 as AA Sign & Advertising by Al Andrews. Al was widely known and respected as an outstanding businessman and great humanitarian. His reputation lives on today as “The Al Andrews Award” is presented each year to an outstanding citizen by the Chamber of Commerce.
Following Al’s passing in 1986, the company was acquired by George and Carolyn Daubmann. Under the ownership of the Daubmann Family, the company experienced major growth, expanding its capabilities in design and fabrication of major signage projects, as well as diversifying into the residential and commercial awning industry. This period of expansion also saw the company grow from four employees to a dedicated and talented staff of thirty-five. Of the original four employees, three have retired and one still remains. This growth also saw a major move from a small shop in Coventry, RI to a brand new state-of-the-art 15,000 square foot facility in Warwick, RI, just south of Providence.
Today, the company is still owned by the Daubmanns and consists of our Operating President, Management Personnel and a staff of highly experienced and talented designers, manufacturing personnel and installation teams.
If there’s one thing that hasn’t changed over the years it’s our commitment: 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!